ACE’s Graduate Program has been operating for some years now and we believe in employing and training new graduates by giving them responsibility and autonomy, through a real job with real challenges.
A brief outline of the Graduate Program at ACE looks something like this:
- Two year program comprising of time spent in the office and on site.
- The program consists rotating through the following areas: OHS management, quantity surveying, quality control, compliance, and surveying.
- Each Graduate is assigned a mentor for the first 12 months of their time with us.
- Monthly Reviews – your performance will be reviewed monthly for the first 6 months, to ensure we are both ‘on track’ and maximising your learning.
- Grad Breakfasts – Collective breakfasts are held every two months to discuss progress, innovation and ways to learn from each other.
- Training – Each Graduate undertakes a minimum of 1 days formal training in their first 6-12 months.
- Remuneration – An incremental pay increase occurs at 6 months, and annually thereafter.
- Career break – Should you desire, you will be provided with the option of a 3 month career break after 24 months with us. You can pick up your job where you left off upon your return.
- Graduate Passion Project – You have the opportunity to partake in a humanitarian project in third world country, if you desire. Live your Passions!
How do you apply?
|Step 1||Application||Email your CV and a cover letter as well as a copy of your academic results to HR@acecon.com.au|
|Step 2||Telephone Interview||If applicants proceed to this stage, the initial interview will be conducted over the phone and will take approximately 15 minutes to complete|
|Step 3||First Round Interview – Group Information Session||If successful, you will be invited to be part of a Group Information Session, where you will join us at head office and learn more about ACE and the Grad Program we offer. We also get to meet you and learn about your background and passions!|
|Step 4||Individual Assessment||If successful, the applicant will progress to psychometric testing|
|Step 5||Second Round Interview||You will now be invited back for a second round interview|
|Step 6||Acceptance||If successful, you will be contacted with a letter of offer with a start date and online induction can begin|
“Working for ACE has been a rewarding and thoroughly enjoyable experience and I can definitely say I feel like part of the family.
I really appreciate the opportunity ACE has given me to kick-start my career in the construction industry.” -Ed Condon
Ed Condon started with ACE last year during his penultimate year at Uni. He started in Infrastructure helping out on the Grey River Bridge project after hearing about our graduate program through the RMIT job portal.
Ed’s stand out times during his time with us have been:
- Concrete pour of the bridge deck at Bridge Inn Rd, Wollert.
- Starting up and mobilising the Grey River Bridge Replacement project on the Great Ocean Rd.
- Beam lift and deck pour at Grey River.
- Starting up and mobilising the Pykes Creek Bridge Strengthening project at Myrniong.
- Scaffolding lift at Pykes Creek.