Location: Keilor East, VIC
Client: Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (GMCT)
Date: July 2016 – September 2017
Due to a demand for additional grave sites, the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (GMCT) has decided to expand the Keilor Cemetery. GMCT has contracted ACE to undertake the Stage 1 Early Works, which includes the construction of approximately 1400 new graves.
The expansion is on a vacant parcel of land adjacent to the existing Keilor Cemetery. This land is bounded by the Calder and M80 Freeway Ramp.
ACE’s scope of work included:
- Earthworks, including rock excavation
- Stormwater drainage and overland flow path construction
- Roadworks for the internal road network
- Construction of a shared user path
- Concrete foundations for graves
- Rock wall and sleeper wall construction
- Piling works
- Connection of water supply
- Electrical works
- Installation of fencing and gates
- Landscape works, including topsoiling and grassing.
ACE was awarded the second stage 1Z, which included additional grave construction and landscaping works.